Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Still limping...

Tonight was my planned walk with Vegas. It was a bit later which worked out to get us past the rain. Needless to say, Vegas was very excited to get out of the house and stretch her legs. I put on her gentle leader so I'd have a bit more control over her and make sure she didn't overdo it. We took off at what was a fairly brisk pace for me and I thought all was well. Her gait appeared pretty even. I even walked on both sides of her to watch from the left and the right. But a half dozen blocks ended up being our turnaround point as I could tell that she really was still limping when our pace was slow enough and she wasn't trying to charge ahead. So for now, I'm planning on continued kennel rest and am not even going to let her upstairs with me. I'd made that exception and walked her step by step but that could be just enough pressure to exacerbate the injury. For now things don't look good but. I'm not giving up on having her sound for the big Rose City Classic.

No comments:

Post a Comment