Sunday, December 26, 2010

Funny Rally Story....

A couple of weeks ago Vegas and I were entered in a rally trial. I had posted about it and mentioned how poorly the first day went. So tonight I was on the AKC website checking to see if our latest agility trial results had been updated. I noticed her Rally results showed three legs but the results only went through December 9. So I went to the show superintendent's website to see if they had any results posted. I didn't stick around the first day to see what happened as I was so frustrated and disheartened and assumed we didn't qualify. Low and behold...we qualified with that horrible run with a score of 70. I'm sure there is a lesson to be learned in here somewhere. Like never give up? Or, always check the results. Or maybe, don't let stubborn dogs who ignore you get to you? Anyway, I'm not really sorry that it worked out as it did. After all, I felt a ton better on Friday and her score of 90 makes me much happier. But it was kind of ironic and very startling to learn she did qualify.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the surprise Q! Better to have it be that kind of surprise than the other.

    I'm still waiting for them to process our last agility trial. The trial dates were 12/4 and 12/5 but they're only "processed" through 12/8, so I don't know how far after the trial it takes them to process.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah; the invitational slowed their progress on entering data. Hope yours shows up soon! I know I check my results too often to make sure my records show what they do.

    When's your next trial?

    ReplyDelete